Northern Virginia Will & Estate Lawyer
Looking for the Right Fairfax County Will and Estate Attorney To Create or Update Your Will To Ensure Your Wishes Are Fulfilled, Avoid or Minimize Probate Court Hassles, Protect Your Legacy and Make Sure Your Loved Ones Are Provided For?
Reasons to Create or Update a Will
- Don’t have a will
- Have minor children
- Have a DIY / form-generated will and want to upgrade to a more robust document
- Moved to Virginia and want to update your will to comply with Virginia law
- You and/or your spouse are “getting up there in years”
- Have a blended family / second marriage
- Recent illness or adverse medical diagnosis
- Want to transfer your business to the next generation
- Going on vacation or an extended trip
- Having surgery
- Have a special needs child
- Pending divorce
- Want to leave an inheritance to spouse, children, or loved ones
- Want to support charitable interests
Why Choose PJI Law?
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – Super Lawyers.com Rising Star, Superb, 10.0 rating by respected legal website Avvo, 5.0 review rating on Google. See some of our client reviews below.
- Confidential Case Assessment – During your initial consultation, we will listen to you and help you determine your next steps.
- No Hidden Fees – Know the costs before starting.
- Experienced – We’ve helped hundreds of families protect their legacy and plan for their future.
- Custom Wills and Solutions – You and your family are unique. That’s why we don’t use fill-in-the-blank form documents. Your will is YOUR Will. Together we create wills that best fulfill your dreams and goals.
- Highly Responsive – We strive for “freaky fast” returned client calls. No going dark or waiting days to hear back.
- Proactive Approach – We help clients to prevent legal problems and mistakes before they happen.
- Client Focused – We’re here for you. We provide professional and communicative client service. You’ll get a clear & concise understanding of each step in the process.
- We’re Here For You Afterwards – After creating your will, we periodically check in with you and keep you informed and can meet to review changes in your assets, situation or wishes.
Ask A Question
Describe Your Situation
Or Request A Consultation
Call (703) 865-6100(703) 865-6100 or fill out the short form below. We will usually respond within one business day and often the same day. Don’t hesitate. Your questions are welcome!
* Required Fields
Client Reviews – PJI Law PLC
Actual Words Clients Have Used to Describe Us & Their Experience:
“friendly, knowledgeable and patient,” ”would not hesitate to recommend them,” ”an excellent team,” ”were incredibly knowledgeable, responsive, and attentive to details,” ” they managed the time we had together wisely,” “PJI Law gave us excellent advice, performed on every deadline and detail, and operated with utmost integrity,” “courteous and professional,” “professionalism, compassionate attitude and responsiveness to my needs,” “We were greeted with warmth and smiles,” “Everything about the experience was wonderful and we were taken care of beautifully!,” “Professional. Stellar. Proficient,” “The team at PJI Law executed my trust expeditiously and efficiently,” “made us feel very comfortable with the process,” “always ready to accommodate,” “they worked with me on the pros and cons of various options as we came up with a solution that was best for my situation,” “The PJI Law group are the quintessential professional group,” “Everyone we met with were highly professional and provided outstanding advice”.
If these things are what you are looking for in a law firm, then contact us to see how we can help you and your family.
Virginia residents do not need to include a self-proving affidavit when creating a will, although it is recommended. The testator and witnesses sign the affidavit as proof that the will was properly executed. Then the affidavit is notarized and attached to the will. If you do not create a self-proving affidavit, your executor will need to locate at least one of the will’s witnesses to confirm the will’s validity. The witness might be required to appear in probate court. By creating an affidavit, probate will be faster and easier. Your Northern Virginia wills attorney can create this affidavit for you if you wish to include it with your last will and testament.
Can You Change A Will?
You can change your will any time you wish as long as you are of sound mind and are doing so voluntarily. While you can amend an existing will, many people choose to create a new document when making changes. Making a new will invalidates the previous will. Contact us, your Northern Virginia wills attorneys for help if you need to change your will or create a new one. We will help you update your will to make sure it is legally binding.
We help families within or near the Northern Virginia area when they need to handle issues or an estate for a family member within the state.
Locally, clients come to us from Fairfax, Leesburg, Centreville, Tysons Corner, McLean, Annandale, Oakton, Alexandria, Chantilly, Reston, and surrounding areas.
What To Do Now:
We welcome your questions and want to understand your situation to help you move forward and achieve the peace of mind that comes with having everything done properly and efficiently. Don’t let everything you’ve worked for just slip away due to a lack of proper planning. Invest the time now to learn your options by speaking with us and make the choices that best protects your legacy and wishes. Call us for one-on-one assistance at (703) 865-6100(703) 865-6100 with your questions, a description of your situation or to schedule a consultation. You may also simply fill out the form above on this page. Your form will be directly emailed to our office. You can expect a reply within one business day and often within hours the same day.