Northern Virginia Estate Lawyer
Looking for the Right Northern Virginia Estate Attorney For Estate Planning or Probate (Estate Administration) to Lift the Stress of a Complex and Intimidating Process and Have It Done Properly?
For Detailed Information on Each Specific Situation Click on the Link Below
Why Choose PJI Law?
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – Super Lawyers.com Rising Star, Superb, 10.0 rating by respected legal website Avvo, 5.0 review rating on Google. See some of our client reviews below.
- Confidential Case Assessment – During your initial consultation, we will listen to you and help you determine your next steps.
- No Hidden Fees – Know the costs before starting (in most situations).
- Experienced – We’ve helped hundreds of families protect their legacy and plan for their future.
- Custom Plans and Solutions – You and your family are unique. That’s why we don’t use fill-in-the-blank form documents. Your plan is YOUR Plan. Together we create plans that best fulfill your dreams and goals.
- Highly Responsive – We strive for “freaky fast” returned client calls. No going dark or waiting days to hear back.
- Proactive Approach – We help clients to prevent legal problems and mistakes before they happen.
- Client Focused – We’re here for you. We provide professional and communicative client service. You’ll get a clear & concise understanding of each step in the process.
- We’re Here For You Afterwards – After creating your plan, we periodically check in with you and keep you informed and can meet to review changes in your assets, situation, or wishes.
Ask A Question
Describe Your Situation
Or Request A Consultation
Why Clients Hire Us for Estate Planning
Why Clients Hire Us for Probate (Estate Administration)
If You Don’t Know the Laws or Paperwork
Probate laws, and the forms used, are written in a detailed and hard-to-understand language. Many things in probate are not intuitive, and also they must be achieved in a particular order. Failure to properly and timely accomplish tasks could cause you to be liable personally, or at a minimum, cause delays.
To Avoid or Minimize Family Disputes
Family members may simply disagree on how to handle inherited property. When a lawyer is involved, these issues are often minimized or avoided altogether.
As your attorney, we help protect the executor from personal liability for paying the debts and taxes of the deceased.
Allows You to Focus on Your Family and Job
If you have little free time, getting help from a law firm saves you time.
Reduce Your Stress
Why guess or hope you are not doing things incorrectly? We know the process, and we often carry the burden, so you do not have to worry throughout the process.
Your Reputation Can Be at Stake
If you were named the executor, you have a duty to act in the best interest of the estate and heirs. If you fail in your duty, don’t pay taxes when due, or fail to keep heirs informed, you can be liable personally. An attorney ensures you do things properly.
Savings and Speed
Minimizes court supervision of the executor and saves money by reducing or eliminating amounts the deceased owes creditors. Expedites sale of real and personal property and saves legal fees for the court to confirm the sale. It is not uncommon that the investment in a probate attorney more than pays for itself, and the estate ends up having more money than it otherwise would have.
When Estate Assets are Complicated
Certain assets such as real estate, art, or a business can create complications or additional steps like obtaining appraisals, protecting, and insuring the asset. We have handled many of these situations in the past to help maximize what the heirs received.
Doing nothing hurts you but hurts your family even more. Most of our clients tell us that the reason they’re doing proper planning is to protect their families. If that sounds like what you wish to do, we at PJI Law are here to help.
Client Reviews – PJI Law PLC
Actual Words Clients Have Used to Describe Us & Their Experience:
Awards and Recognition
What To Do Now:
We welcome your questions and want to understand your situation to help you move forward and achieve the peace of mind that comes with having everything done properly and efficiently. Don’t let everything you’ve worked for just slip away due to a lack of proper planning. Invest the time now to learn your options by speaking with us and making choices that best protect your legacy and wishes. Call us for one-on-one assistance at (703) 865-6100(703) 865-6100 with your questions, a description of your situation, or to schedule a consultation. You may also simply fill out the form above on this page. Your form will be directly emailed to our office. You can expect a reply within one business day and often within hours the same day.